General Settings allows administrators to configure global settings such as company information, date and time formats, time zone, and punch settings. Settings configured here apply companywide unless an employee is assigned a Shift; the configured Shift punch settings would then take precedence.
- Administrators can configure the company info, date & time settings, and global punch settings.
- Administrators can select formats for time, time totals, and dates. A time zone can also be specified.
- Administrators can enable and configure the web clock, set when the workday starts, along with how to treat time entries that cross midnight. The maximum time an employee is allowed on the clock can also be configured.
To configure global settings, follow these steps:
- Log in to the ProPunch application with an administrator profile.
- Click on Company Setup >> General Settings.
- Company Info section is auto-populated during the process of registering the install key.
- Select Date Format, Time Zone, Time Format, and Time Totals Format.
- Click Allow Punching via Web to allow employees to punch through web clock. (Display CLOCK IN and CLOCK OUT button on the web clock)
- Click Enable One-Button Punch (Displays Clock on the web clock).
Click Enable Work Code Selection when Punching if employees will need to select one or more work codes when clocking in. With this option checked, a Transfer button will be visible on the web clock.
- Word Day Starts determines when midnight should take place. (At Midnight, Same Day, Previous Day)
- Max Time on Clock prevents the application from calculating erroneously large, worked time totals (and possible overtime) due to missed punches.
- Duplicate Punch Interval defines the time window during which the software identifies and manages repeated punches.
Time Entry Can Cross Midnight determines how the application will treat time entries that cross midnight (Workday Starts).
- Apply Hours to Date of IN Punch
- Apply Hours to Date of OUT Punch
- Split Hours Between Days
- Click Save.