One lunch and up to five breaks can be configured on the Lunch & Breaks tab. To configure a Lunch/Break rule, check the box to activate the rule and then click the Edit icon to configure the settings.
- It is the administrator's responsibility to research any federal and/or state laws that may apply to your organization.
- Once a lunch or break is enabled, its settings must be configured before the Pay Calculations profile can be saved.
Type of Lunch/Break
The Type of Lunch/Break setting allows the application to appropriately identify the various gaps of time between time entries in a day as either a lunch or a break. Once a lunch/break is identified, applicable rounding, deductions, and paid settings will be applied.
- Fixed – lunch/break begins and end between time X and time Y.
- Duration- lunch/break may start between <X hours:minutes> and <Y hours:minutes> After First In or Shift Start.
- Time of Day-lunch may start between <X> and <Y>.
- Deduct additional time if lunch taken is shorter than lunch deduction.
These settings only apply if the employee punches OUT for the lunch/break and Type of Lunch/Break settings are configured.
- Maximum Amount Paid – the maximum amount of time that can be paid for this lunch/break. If the employee takes a longer lunch/break, only the maximum amount specified will be paid. If the employee takes a lunch/break shorter than the maximum amount, only the actual amount taken will be paid.
- Time Worked (On The Clock) Is Greater Than – Set this option if the employee must work a number of hours before the lunch/break is paid.
- Duration From First IN To Last OUT Is Greater Than – Set this option if the duration between the first IN punch and the last OUT punch must be a specific value before the lunch/break is paid.
To configure lunch & breaks, follow these steps:
- Log in to the ProPunch application with an administrator profile.
- Click on Company Setup >> Pay Calculations >> Lunch & Breaks
- Click the box for Lunch or Breaks.
- Click Edit.
- Enter the lunch or break duration (HH:MM).
- Select Auto Lunch Deduction
- Deduct Lunch Duration if Employee does Not Punch Out For Lunch/Break-Select this option if the Lunch/Break Duration should be automatically deducted from hours worked if the employees does not punch out for the lunch/break.
- Time Worked (On The Clock) is Greater Than-Set this option if the employee must work a number of hours before the auto deduction occurs.
- Duration From First IN To Last OUT is Greater Than-Set this option if the duration between the first IN punch and the last OUT punch must be a specific value before the auto deduction occurs.