When Benefit Tracking is enabled, employees can view their time off balances and time off history for the current benefit year by simply logging into their ProPunch account.
Prior to viewing time off balances, administrators must complete the following:
- Enable Benefit Tracking.
- Configure a Benefit Time Profile.
- Assign the Benefit Time Profile to the employee.
- Add the employee's benefit starting balances to the employee's profile.
- Assign a username and password to the employee.
Your Current Benefit Year start and end dates are shown along with the following values for each enabled time off:
- Starting Balance – balance on day 1 of your Current Benefit Year. This value includes any carry over from the previous year in addition to the amount you are entitled to for the year.
- Used – amount of time you have taken during your Current Benefit Year. This value also includes any future time that you have scheduled (has been added to your timesheet) within the Current Benefit Year.
- Remaining – the difference between Starting Balance and Used. This is the amount of time available for you to use within your Current Benefit Year.
To view the balance change history for a time off type, click that time off’s View History icon . The
View History report includes the following data:
- Time – date and time when the change was made. By default, the most recent change is listed first.
Change Type – the change that affected the time off balance. Possible values include:
- Annual Allotment – balance change due to the Start of a new Benefit Year occurring.
- Balance Edit – balance change due to a manual edit.
- Benefit Settings Change – balance change due to a change in your Benefit Time settings.
- Carry Over – balance change due to time being carried over from the previous year.
- Start Date Change – balance change due to a change in your Start Date.
- Time Entry – balance change due to a Time Off entry being added to your timesheet.
- Time Entry (Deleted) – balance change due to a Time Off entry being removed from your timesheet.
- Time Entry (Edited) – balance change due to a Time Off entry being edited on your timesheet.
- Time Entry Date – applies only when Change Type is Time Entry, Time Entry (Deleted), or Time Entry (Edited). Displays the date of the time off entry.
- Balance Change – applies to all change types. Displays the amount by which the balance increased/decreased: negative changes appear with a minus sign.
- Time Used – applies only when Change Type is Time Entry, Time Entry (Deleted), or Time Entry (Edited). Displays the amount by which the balance increased/decreased as a result of the time entry being added, removed, or edited; negative changes appear with a minus sign.
- Comment – applies only when Change Type is Balance Edit. Displays any comment entered when your balance was edited.
To view the time off balances, follow these steps:
- Log in to the ProPunch application with an administrator or supervisor (with credentials) profile.
- Click on My Account >> My Time Off Balances to view.
- To see the balance change history click on the icon.