Export to Payroll assists administrators in navigating the payroll preparation procedure, which includes calculating payroll hours and amounts and generating a file with the calculated totals. The format of the export file is based on the chosen export format defined in Company Setup. Each step contains a heading that, when clicked, reveals a selectable option. When a step has been completed successfully, a green check mark will appear to the left of the step. The first and last name of the user who executed the step, along with the date and time the step was executed will also be displayed.
- An export file must be created in Company Setup >> Exports prior to completing these steps.
To export hours for payroll, follow these instructions:
- Log in to the ProPunch application with an administrator or supervisor (with credentials) profile.
- Go to My Employees >> Manage Time and navigate to the desired pay period.
- Place a check next to each employee to include in the export.
- Click the Export to Payroll icon.
- Click the Reapply Pay Calculations header to recalculate the selected timesheets s based on the employee’s currently assigned Pay Calculations profile.
- Click the Process Timesheets header to check the timesheets for missing punches.
- An error message will appear if there are any missing punches found. Click on the number to correct the error.
- After resolving the missing punches, click Reload to process the timesheets again.
- Click the Review Results header to display a summary of the data to be included in the payroll export file.
- Review Results works like any other report: columns can be added/removed, filters can be selected, and report results can be exported.
- Select how you would like your results to be viewed.
- View By Day – Review Results will show for each day in the pay period, the day’s total in each pay category for each employee.
Include Work Codes – Review Results will show a column for each work code.
- If Include Work Codes is enabled and the View By Day setting is disabled, then there will be a total per work code per pay category for each employee.
- If both Include Work Codes and View By Day are enabled, then, for each day in the pay period, there will be a total per work code per pay category for each employee.
- Click the Export Payroll File header to create and then export the payroll export file.
- Select your preferred export format.
- The Export Formats button quick link allows for easy navigation to the pre-defined export formats located in Company Setup > Exports.
- Click Export to generate the export file.
- Choose a location to save the file, then click Save. The exported file can now be imported into your payroll software or sent to your payroll provider.
- Click the Lock Pay Period header to lock the pay period and prevent further timesheet changes.
- Once locked, the Lock Pay Period step will display Unlock.
- Click Unlock to allow changes to be made to the timesheets for the pay period.