The Benefit Time side tab allows benefit time settings to be configured for the employee. You may select a pre-defined benefit profile to be selected or configure a new one for the selected employee.
- The configuration of an employee’s benefit time is exclusively accessible to Administrators.
To configure a benefit time profile, follow these steps:
- Log in to the ProPunch application with an administrator profile.
- Go to My Employees >> Employee Setup >> edit the employee >> click on Benefit Time.
- Check the box:
- Select Benefit Time Profile then select a pre-defined benefit profile.
Configure Custom Benefit Time Profile
- Select Benefit Year
- Employee Start Date
- Calendar Day (mm/dd)
- Select Benefit Year
- To track time off categories, check the box under the Enabled column.
- For each enabled Time Off set the following values as needed:
- Annual Time Allotment – this value determines the initial allocation of time given to an employee at the beginning of each Benefit Year for this particular Time Off (000:00 to 999:99).
- Maximum Carry Over – this value determines the maximum amount of time that can be carried over to the next Benefit Year (000:00 to 999:99).
- Days Before Time Off Can Be Used – this value determines the number of days from the employee’s start date the employee must wait before becoming eligible to use this Time Off.
- Click Save.
- After saving benefit settings for the first time, the Time Off Balances section will show the employee’s Current Benefit Year along with the following values for each enabled time off:
- Starting Balance – initially set to the same value as Used. On the first day of the following benefit year, this value includes any carried-over balance from the previous year.
- Used – the amount of time taken during the Current Benefit Year. This value also includes any future time the employee has scheduled within the Current Benefit Year.
- Remaining - the difference between Starting Balance and Used.
- To edit a time off balance:
- After the initial configuration of benefit settings, the Remaining value for each time off will be zero; therefore, the employee’s current balance will need to be manually updated before any time off can be used (entered on the timesheet).
- Click the Edit icon for the time off. The Edit Balance window appears.
- Add – Select this option to add time to the existing balance.
- Subtract – Select this option to deduct time from the existing balance.
- Set – Select this option to set the Remaining balance to the specified value.
- Reason – This field is optional; up to 200 characters are allowed.
- Click Save.
- An employee’s balance change history can be viewed for each time off.
- Click the View History icon for the time off.
- View History report includes the following data:
- Time – date and time when the change was made. By default, the most recent change is listed first.
Change Type – the change that affected the time off balance. Possible values include:
- Annual Allotment – balance change due to the Start of a new Benefit Year occurring.
- Balance Edit – balance change due to a manual edit.
- Benefit Settings Change – balance change due to a change in Benefit Time settings.
- Carry Over – balance change due to time being carried over from the previous year.
- Start Date Change – balance change due to a Start Date change.
- Time Entry – balance change due to a Time Off entry being added to the timesheet.
- Time Entry (Deleted) – balance change due to a Time Off entry being removed from the timesheet.
- Time Entry (Edited) – balance change due to a Time Off entry being edited on the timesheet.
- Time Entry Date – applies only when the Change Type is Time Entry, Time Entry (Deleted), or Time Entry (Edited). Displays the date of the time off entry.
- Balance Change – applies to all change types. Displays the amount by which the balance increased/decreased: negative changes appear with a minus sign.
- Time Used – applies only when the Change Type is Time Entry, Time Entry (Deleted), or Time Entry (Edited). Displays the amount by which the balance increased/decreased as a result of the time entry being added/removed/edited; negative changes appear with a minus sign.
- Comment – applies only when the Change Type is Balance Edit. Displays any comment entered when the balance was edited.