Data Import allows administrators to import data into ProPunch using Excel spreadsheet templates, thus avoiding the time-consuming task of manual entry. The Punches import template can be used to import historical punch data into ProPunch. Before importing, the associated employees must already exist in ProPunch with any applicable Pay Calculations profile already assigned. Also, if the import file contains work code data, then those work codes must already be defined in ProPunch.
- Please have a look at the Import Requirement document for more information.
To configure import punches, follow these steps:
- Log in to the ProPunch application with an administrator profile.
- Go to Company Setup >> Data Import >> Punches.
- Click Select File and choose the spreadsheet template containing the employee data.
- Click Test. If there are any errors they will appear in the message window.
- The Import button will remain disabled until no errors are found in the selected file.
- If no errors are found.
- Click Import to proceed with importing the employee data.