Break Policies can be assigned to a department or a user to manage the rest (break) or meal (lunch) rules.
1. Go to the Policy Tab of your account.
2. Click on Add New in the Break Policy section.
3. Add a policy name to be able to recognize it in the policy assignment section.
4. Add as many Break Rules as you need for this policy by clicking Add a New Break Rule.
5. Select Rest or Meal for the Break Type.
6. Select yes if the break is paid or no if it is not paid. If yes, fill out how much of the break is paid in hours and minutes.
7. Select Standard if the employees will need to perform a punch for this rule or Auto if the employees don't need to perform a punch for this rule.
8. Select yes or no for minimum break length required, if yes, this will perform a lockout to end the break, fill out the duration of the break in hours and minutes.
9. Click on Save
10. Assign the policy to departments or individual users. Refer to Assign and Replace Policies.