IP Address Restriction (Web Punching) Follow
Need to restrict from where your employees are performing a web punch from?
With the IP Address Web Punching Restriction feature, you can specify from which IP Address your employees can punch from.
If you do configure the IP Adress Web Punching Restriction, the employees will continue to have access to of their online account, however, web punching will only be allowed if the employee is accessing the account on the permitted IP Address.
Note that this is an optional setting, by default, a web punch is allowed from any location if there is no IP Address assigned.
To set up the IP Address Web Punching Restriction follow these steps:
1. Go to Organization on the left Menu of your account.
2. Click on Policies.
3. Go to current Punch Management policy or add a new one.
4. Under Punch Permissions, set Allow Web Punch to Yes to have the IP Address option display.
5. Under Available IP Addresses, you can add an IP Addresses by clicking Add an IP address.
6. Enter a name for the IP Address and Enter the entire IP Address then click save. Click on Use current IP address to use your current IP Address, it will automatically populate.
7. The IP Address will move to the Assigned IP Addresses section. You can toggle the IP Addresses from the Available section to the Assigned section.
8. The IP Address can also be deleted by hovering over them and clicking on the red X.
9. Once you are done adding your IP Addresses to your Punch Management policy click on Save.
10. Employees that have restriction IP Addresses will view the following instead of punch options.
11. Assign the Punch Management policy to any department or user. Refer to Policy Assignment to Individuals.