Punching in and out with Quick Punch Follow
Now that you have set your time clock and associated it with your account, you can start using your time clock to perform punches. (If you have not set up your time clock yet, click here.)
Time Clock Punching with Quick Punching provides employees with the 'most likely' punch option, based on the employee's current status. This feature will help employees quickly and easily perform the correct punch option, along with reducing the number of errors that occur from the time clock.
To perform a Time Clock Punch the employee will authenticate with one of the following methods:
- PIN - Enter pin number (configure in your account)
- RFID - Scan your badge (configured in your account)
- Fingerprint - Scan your fingerprint (configured in your time clock)
- Click here to learn how to register fingerprints
As a default, employees will view the Quick Punching options. The 'Quick' options will ensure that Quick Punching is enabled, providing the employee with their most likely punch options based on their current status.
Below are examples of what employees may expect to see with Quick Punching enabled:
If the employee's current status is Punched Out
If the employee's current status is Punched In
If the employee's current status is On Meal
Selecting 'All' will disable the Quick Punching feature, providing the employee with all available punch options. Below is an example of what your employee can expect with Quick Punching disabled:
A successful punch will be followed by a success message:
Note: Employees will see different punch options based on the policies assigned to the user:
- Punch In / Punch Out: display with permissions to punch on the time clock.
- Start Rest / End Rest: display with a rest policy assigned to the employee.
- Start Meal / End Meal: display with a meal policy assigned to the employee.
- Department Transfer: displays with department transfer permissions assigned to an employee.