The timeQplus v4.1.48 software uses Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP2 - Express Edition. Microsoft recommends that Microsoft SQL Server not be installed on a Windows Domain Controller.
"It is not recommended to install SQL Server on a domain controller."
On a Windows Domain Controller, the setup.exe file that is normally used to install timeQplus v4.1.48 will fail during the SQL installation. To install timeQplus v4.1.48 on a Windows Domain Controller the Microsoft SQL Instance of ACROPRINT must be installed manually.
Note: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 needs to be enabled before timeQplus is installed.
1. The timeQplus v4.1.48 software can be downloaded from the following:
Always make a Backup of your database before making any major change to your timeQplus database, timeQplus software, or Windows Operating System:
File > System Utilitites > Backup
Please note: timeQplus Client computers must run the same version AND RELEASE as what is running on the timeQplus Server computer.
Also, make sure that the Windows Account Name that is used for installing the software is NOT the same as (or similar to) the Name of the computer.
2. Identify the type of processor (32-bit or 64-bit) in the computer where the timeQplus v4.1.48 database is to be installed.
3. In the software distribution package (either DVD or download), go to the folder Support and run the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP2 - Express Edition software for the type of processor:
(for 64-bit machines) SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe
(for 32-bit machines) SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe
4. Run the downloaded SQL installer. The screen should look like the following:
5. On the "Installation" window, click on "New installation or add features to an existing installation"
(If you run the SQL that is already installed, you may get a popup window asking to Browse to the media, cancel out and search for the .exe file on the DVD or on the local disk and run the .exe file.)
6. On the "License Terms" window, check the "I accept the license terms." checkbox and click the <Next> button.
7. On the "Feature Selection" window, leave all the defaults selected and click the <Next> button
8. On the "Instance Configuration" window, change the "Named instance" from "SQLExpress" to "ACROPRINT" (in all upper case letters).
9. Click the <Next> button.
10. On the "Server Configuration" window, change the "Account Name" and "Password" on the "SQL Server Database Engine" row to an Administrator account and password.
11. Click the <Next> button.
12. On the "Database Engine Configuration" window, select “Mixed Mode” and enter a password for the SQL Server system administrator (sa) account. This password should be at least eight characters long and should contain at least one upper case letter, at least one lower case letter, and at least one number. Then click the <Next> button.
13. On the "Error Reporting" window, click the <Next> button.
14. On the "Complete" window, click the <Close> button.
15. Close the "SQL Server Installation Center" window.
16. After the install of SQL has completed, run the timeQplus v4.1.48 setup.exe. When prompted for the SQL Server password, enter the same password that was entered on the "Database Engine Configuration" window during the installation of the SQL software.